Monday 30 January 2012

Our romantic trip to the Barossa

Sam and I live just over an hours drive from the Barossa, probably SA's largest wine region. For our two years and what was generally just an overdue getaway, we thought we'd go stay for a few days.

Oh the joys of booking accommodation online without looking it up on tripadvisor. Our bad. We stayed at the Lyndoch Hill Retreat... which was far from a retreat

This was our deluxe room...

and this was the view from our balcony of the 'beautiful' rose gardens

What I couldn't understand is why, if they couldn't find a matching lightglobe... they didn't just replace all of them?


The accommodation was so bad, it was actually funny. My poor boyfriend was devastated though.... especially because he thought it was a luxurious retreat.. and had paid the price for a luxurious retreat.


But don't let the photos put you off! Apart from the dodgy accommodation, the rest of our stay was wonderful.


I had a lunch booked at Barossa Valley Estate and this was the road there as well as to Seppeltsfield winery. So pretty!


The Seppeltsfield Masoleum... pretty place to be dead.

View from the Masoleum, enjoyed it once we got our breath back


My lovely boyfriend and I

Seppeltsfield winery - if you're ever in the Barossa make sure you go to the Seppeltsfield winery for one of their $15 tours, including wine tasting. The grounds are beautiful, the history is really interesting and it was overall one of my favourite bits of our whole trip.

We bought port that was as old as both of us and this was where it is stored! I don't usually like port but this stuff is nice.

Lunch at Barossa Valley Estate. yummmm

I replaced my bottle of water with a bottle of wine as the days progressed.... I was living it up.

Maggie Beer's farm

Maggie Beer's peacock. I think it's the only type of bird on the farm that they don't eat.

Spritzers!

Maggie Beer's dukkah picnic basket, tasty!

We went to this place for dinner, 1918. It's real cute, little bit expensive but very nice!

Lastly, whilst the accommodation was lacking, the sunset was beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment